Six things to Know to Get the Best Clivia Miniata Clare
There are many people, who think that it is really hard to take care of clivia miniata plant, but the fact is, you will not have to spend too much time doing that, because the clivia miniata requires very small amount of water and practically none other special care. However, there are some really useful tips that will allow you to enjoy your plant for longer period of time and to make sure that it will be growing properly. Some of the most common tips that you will find in the Internet are:
- First, you must be familiar with the lighting requirements that this plant has, because that way you will find the most suitable place for growing it. The clivia miniata is shade loving plant, which means that you must place in somewhere, where it will be able to get daylight, but not direct sunlight. If you are looking to plant clivia miniata in your garden, the best place where you can do that is under a large tree.
- After that you must learn how to feed that plant, because that is very important for its growth. There are no special requirements for feeding your clivia miniata, but it is a good idea to make sure that you will put some fertilizer after the blooming period, because that way you will be able to make your plant to preserve most of its energy until the next blooming period. Remember that you must not place a large amount of fertilizer on it, because that way you may kill it.
- Again there are no special watering requirements that you will have to meet, but make sure that you will never let your clivia miniata dry. Furthermore, make sure that you will water it properly during the spring and summer, because those ways you will stimulate the growth of that plant properly. The main thing that you should remember is that you must water your clivia miniata each time you see that the top surface is dry.
- It is good to know where the clivia miniata grows best, because that way you will see if that plant is suitable for the place where you are living. The clivia miniata prefers mild climate where there will be no danger of frost and tropical heat. However, you can always plant the clivia miniata at your house, so that is valid only if you will be planting it in your garden.
- The clivia miniata have blooming period which is usually in during the spring and the summer. You will be able to see flowers once per every stem that this plant has, but have in mind that each one of the plants is able to produce multiple stems, which is adding to their length of flowering. The flowers of the clivia miniata are very pretty and they come in a large variety of colors, but in most of the cases they are red.
- If you are looking to plant more clivia miniata it is important to know how to propagate it. The main thing that you should remember is that the clivia is separated by division, which means that you will only have to lift the clumps of clivia and cut through the rhizomes to generate new plants. After that you will only have to place them in separated pots and you will see that those new plants will start growing quickly. However, make sure that you will place some fertilizer in the new pot that you have chosen, but not too much, because that way you will be able to increase the growth process. It is a good idea to check what the best mixture for propagating clivia miniata is, because there are a lot of websites where you will be able to read that information.
The clivia miniata is one of the best flowers, which will make your garden look a lot more exotic, so make sure that you will see if you are able to find and plant one. Furthermore, the clivia miniata do not requires any special care, so you will not have to worry about buying some expensive fertilizers or other accessories. The main thing that you will have to remember is to use water soluble fertilizer once per month after the blooming of the plant. Furthermore, you will only have to water the clivia miniata each time you see it is looking dry, which is really simple. It takes very long time for damage to grow if this happens, thus it is good to choose the sheltered web site. There are a lot of plants that you can get to make your home a lot better place and one of them is the clivia miniata.