There are many plants that you will be able to plant at your home and make it look a lot better. However one of the prettiest is clivia miniata, which is grown in South Africa. This plant is growing in shady and moist areas, which makes it perfect for people, who are living in countries where they have colder winters and lower temperatures through out the year.
The main advantage of that plant is the fact that it requires almost none attention, so you will not have to spend most of your free time taking care of it. There are some general tips that you should follow and you will be able to enjoy that plant blooming for very long period of time. Some of the main things that you must know clivia miniata care are:
* First you will have to see where you will be growing that plant. The main reason for that is the fact that the clivia miniata requires bright daylight, but remember that you must keep that plant from direct sunlight. The best place to grow clivia miniata care is north facing window. Here is something important you will have to bring it back to your house before the first frost, because that may kill your plant. The main reason for that is the fact that the clivia miniata can't stand temperatures that are dip much below frost.
* After that it is important to learn when you should water your plant. The main thing that you must remember is that after the winter, you must place as much water as possible. The best thing that you can do is to pour water until it starts to drain from the bottom of your pot. However remember that this is only during the so-called growing season, which is after the “Winter Rest” and through October. However after that month, you must keep your clivia miniata on the dry side, which means that you must not regularly pour water in the pot. The main reason for that is the fact that if you are using too much water, there is a chance that the whole plant rots.
* Important to know is that the clivia miniata requires a period of rest, which is between 12 and 14 weeks during the late fall. During that period of time, you must use as little water as possible and also to keep your plant in a light cool room. After the “Winter Rest” you will see your plant blooming, but remember that the blooming period is usually between 6 and 12 weeks after the resting period.
* Most of the people are using fertilizer to stimulate the growth of their clivia miniata, but you must know how to use and what is the proper amount that you must put to your flower. There are many websites, where you will see people claiming that if you use more fertilizer, you will have a lot better results. However that is not true for sure, because, if you make that happen you will destroy your plant. You can use fertilizer after the blooming period of your plant, which will be usually between April and August, but make sure that you will do that procedure only once per month. There are some water-soluble fertilizers that are very good for that purpose and make sure that you will stop using fertilizer after the mid September.
* The Grooming is very important part of the whole growing process and you must make sure that you will get that has done right. The process is very simple - you will only have to cut off the flower stalks after the blooms had faded, because that way you will stop the plant from using extra energy on creating seeds. Also make sure that you will remove all the leaves that had fallen down from your plant.
* Make sure that you will know the basics of the best clivia miniata care you must learn something about repotting. The clivia miniata is tolerable to overcrowding of the roots, so you will not have to make any repotting at all. Remember that if you see the roots of your plant above the surface that is completely normal. However, you will have to repot your clivia miniata after between 3 and 5 years, which is normal. There are a lot of websites, where you will be able to learn how to make that happen, so spend some time and search the Internet.
Many people think that growing clivia miniata is really hard, but ion fact that is one of the most unpretentious plants that you can ever get. Furthermore, when it blooms that will be one of the most beautiful things that you will ever see.